Sunday, January 27, 2008

Temperatures rise!

It was 45 yesterday, should be over 50 today and close to 60 tomorrow. Good temperatures for riding this time of year BUT, yesterday after the funeral and after riding about 5 miles, I noticed oil all over the bike and oil dripping on the ground. After seeing that the plastic oil tank had split along a seam at the top, my temperature rose too. It was around two o'clock then so I loaded the bike on the railer and took it to the Harley shop in Lincoln. They have a new tank in stock but their service department is closed on Sunday and Monday so it won't be fixed until Tuesday. The bike is under warranty and the cost of the tank and lost oil should be covered but not the 4 days without the scoot. It seems the tanks splitting has been a problem for the sportsters. Frontier Harley will wash the bike before they let me have it back and it was awfully dirty so that's a plus.
I will have to reschedule an appointment with the Marysville Advocate for a photo shoot Monday. JoAnn Shum is going to do a feature story for the paper about my H.O.G. mileage and the awards.
I have a lot of stuff to do in the shop and will probably start building another bike trailer while I'm waiting to get my scooter back. (could CLEAN the shop)

No comments: