Tuesday, January 8, 2008

A VERY good evening!

Tonight I am going to pat myself on the back. I went to a Frontier HOG (Harley Owners Group) meeting in Lincoln Nebraska. Mileage awards where going to be given for last years miles. I had 30,323 miles on my Sportster and had been told to make sure and come to the meeting because I would be recognized for the miles. I found that the mileage awards would be awarded for 3 classes. There were Open, 20 places, Women’s 10 places and Sportsters 5 places. I ended up with a 1st place certificate, trophy and set of tires for the Open and 1st place certificate and trophy for the Sportster class.

The Frontier Harley Group has 950 members. The total mileage recorded for the chapter was over 1.5 million miles. I am not sure how many members participated in the mileage program. Each member who participated in the program got his name put in the hat for a drawing one time for each 1000 miles. I think there were 20 drawings of $100 gift certificates at Frontier Harley. I won TWO of those.

Earlier I had stopped by Great Plains Cycle Supply and picked up a pair of cold weather pants that I had ordered the day after Christmas. The coat was in stock and I have used it. They ARE warm. Thanks Mom for the Christmas money.

Got to Ride some today too. Will ride again tomorrow…..

Ronald K Scheller

No comments: