Monday, June 2, 2008

LOTS of things in the last week...

The day AFTER Memorial Day I took time to mount a 3'X5' Flag on the bike.
Wednesday 28th of May we had an American Legion Riders meeting at Spanky's in Seneca.
Carla worked a half day Thursday (5:30 to 9:30) so she could make an 11 o'clock appointment for her Acupuncture treatment to help her back pain. She had taken a days vacation for Friday too. We decided to ride the bike up to Lincoln on Friday so we could be with Stacy Saturday morning, May 31st when she had to meet her evil landlord:-)

_________________________

OK, Stacy was going to buy a house last Nov. Her devorce was a little messy and she didn't have the money to buy the house then. She was going to "rent to own". Then the seller backs up and Stacy signs a years lease with intentions of buying the house at the end of the year. Then the bottom drops out of the real estate market and the seller refuses to lower his price. Stacy is wanting a lower price and the owner puts a "For Sale Sign" in the front yard. They go another round and they settle on month to month rent. After a couple of months Stacy gets an eviction notice. Be out in 30 days. She has been looking and decides on a 6 year old townhouse closer the kids schools and for less money than she could ever get the house for. She takes posession of the new place 10 days before her month is up and is COMPLETELY moved by the 31st. The landlord shows up half hour late Saturday morning but does check the place over and gives Stacy her $1650 deposit back. (For some reason that afternoon he called her and ask her for a date???)

_____________________________________

Carla and I took our time riding up Friday and stopped by the Salty Dog in Steele City Nebraska for lunch. I think it took 125 miles to get the 77 miles to Lincoln. Saturday after Stacy is safe from the landlord we go on an annual "Tour of the Alps" poker run put on by "The Boys in the Back" at Frontier Harley. The poker run was fairly short, 100 miles, and about 4 o'clock I told Carla we should go home and I'd go to Cassoday (the first Sunday of the month run) tomorrow. We were home for only a little while and Carla was running around doing laundry and other things she could be putting off until tomorrow. Then I found out she was planning on going with me to Cassoday. That was cool but I was surprised she was going to ride some more after the 300 miles we had just done in the last two days.
Sunday morning when we got down to the Marysville City Park (the normal starting spot for anyone wanting to ride as a group) at 7AM there were 3 bikes and 10 minutes later there were a total of 9 bikes, 9 riders and 8 passengers. Rich Temps, Gary and Lucy, Doug Powers and his son, Darren Swobada and his son, Ted and Julie, Dennis and Monica, Lynn and Kim, Russ and his wife (sorry), The ride down was good as always and nice to have that many bikes running together. In Council Grove when we stopped for gas I remembered I was suppose to call Don Kotapish and tell him I was going to Cassoday. Since I am such a nice guy I decided to call him and apologize for not calling earlier. I called and Don answered. I told him I was in Council Grove and sorry I hadn't called earlier. He said "I'm in Council Grove too, I'm getting gas". We were 20 foot apart, I would not have needed the phone to talk to him. Don rode the rest of the way with us. In Cassoday we hooked up with Roger and Mary McGrath as they had gone down Saturday and spent the night at Emporia. We ate BBQ Pork for breakfast at 11AM and started back home at noon. It was a little unusual but everyone that started in Marysville rode back plus we had Roger and Mary. We took 50 over to Emporia and Highway 99 to south of Wamego. (That ride from Eskridge to Alma may be the best riding in Kansas.) Lynn and Kim had a daughter to move in Lincoln so they stayed on 99 and went home but we hit 18 west to Manhattan and stopped for refreshments. Roger, Mary, Carla and I headed west, Russ and wife stayed longer to eat and the rest headed home (I think).
Our total mileage for the 3 days was around 680 and I'm proud of Carla. She enjoyed the ride, has worked 10 hours today (went to bed shortly after 8) and her back doesn't hurt to bad.

No comments: