Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Carla and I are just home from a Blackhawk dinner ride.

This evening we ate at The Koester House Mexican Restaurant. The Blackhawk Motorcycle Club 3rd Tues of the month dinner ride started with the meal then we went for a 60 mile ride to BR, Cottage Hill, Barnes Hanover and Bremen. It was a real good ride but was a little cold since we where under dressed.
Last Saturday I rode with the Blackhawks to Marquette Kansas. We attended the Thunder on the Smokey Annual Motorcycle meet. Marquette is the home of the Kansas State Motorcycle Museum and Steve's British Motorcycle Museum. There where probably 4000 bike there Saturday and more Sunday.
Sunday morning at 6:30 I took off to Lincoln for a Breakfast ride with the Frontier H.O.G. chapter. About twenty bikes left Lincoln at 8 and rode to Auburn NE and ate at Darlings Diner. Great breakfast. After breakfast we split up and I rode east with Larry Starr, his sister and brother-in-law (I forgot their names already). We rode US 136 though Rock Port, Maryville and Bethany MO to I35. They went north to Iowa and back to Lincoln. I went south to US 36 and back to Marysville. Got home around 5 PM and logged close to 500 miles.
Yesterday (Monday) and today I have worked over at the shop and have done a lot in cleaning up the yard. Lots of junk and a couple old Blazers taken to the salvage yard. Westar Electric had tree cutters to remove limbs from around the power lines and those guys cut down 4 or 5 trees I had wanted taken out anyway.
Tomorrow it's back to Lincoln for the 425000 mile service and pickup my leather vest from the cleaners. I may ride a Demo bike to the cleaners while the bike is being done. I'd like to ride a Lowrider but hope I don't like it. (can't afford to trade)
This next weekend Carla and I are going with Roger and Mary McGath to the Nebraska State H.O.G. Rally in Fremont. It is a three day deal (Fri, Sat. Sun.) but we will spend Sat and Sunday there. We have rooms in Fremont Saturday night. Monday is Memorial Day so we may ride over to Omaha and go to the Zoo or do something. We're expecting showers off and on all weekend:-)

No comments: