Thursday, May 8, 2008

When is the last time you got a typewritten letter

I have received a typewritten letter from a Watch Repairman in Tennessee. He had written to say that a Studebaker Watch that we had sent had been restored to 100 point condition. The watch had taken 2nd place at the 2006 Studebaker Nationals. (It should take 1st at the next one).
I called George this morning to tell him "the check is in the mail". I ask him if he had typed the letter on a typewritter to make sure. He said he uses his typewritter all the time. He is 87 years old, maybe that has something to say about it......
Thought this was worth telling as I can't remember the last time we have gotten a typewritten letter.
Oh! Rode to Lincoln Tuesday eve for H.O.G. meeting. Yesterday rode to Lincoln for 40,000 mile service on bike. This afternoon I'll ride to Lincoln for a H.O.G. dinner ride and Stacy will ride with me to dinner. We'll go the "Big Dog" in Murdock, NE.
Oh! At the H.O.G. meeting Tues. night, I got two 1st place trophies for most winter miles. Sportster class and Open class. 6006 miles.

1 comment:

Ronda said...

That's wonderful about the awards.
Felicidades = Congratulations