Saturday, March 1, 2008

Finally some good riding weather

Forecast was for 65 degree weather today so I took off about 10 with no particular place to go. Started north and the tail wind was pushing me so hard that I couldn't keep the speed below 80. I turned west on Nebraska Highway 8. Ended up going 85 miles west to Supeior NE. then south on highway 14 to US36. I stopped by Lovewell Lake while on 14. At the 36 junction I was starting to go west when 3 bikes came by going east. I followed them to Scandia when they pulled in for gas. They were going to Concordia from somewhere I have forgotten. Out west somewhere, they were going home though Hays. Got back to Marysville about 3 and had ridden 225 miles. Saw Rich Temps and Chuck Marquett at Joe's and we rode to Frankfort to see the new Henry's Chopper Shop, had a couple beers (and 1 Diet Pepsi) at Goob's then headed home. It wasn't five yet and I needed a little more riding time. Rode up to Lone Elm and over to Oketo then home. Total miles right at 300. Good way to start March.

No comments: