Monday, March 17, 2008

St. Patrick's Day and raining

Since it's St. Patrick's Day and raining I am sitting here watching "Price Is Right".
Only got away from town twice last week. Rode to Frontier for 35,000 service Tuesday and Kansas City Wed.
Coming back from Lincoln I went to Denton, Sprayge, Hickman, Roca, Claytonia, Dewitt, Plymouth, Harbine, Odell, and Steele City in Nebraska. Rode to Washington and Cowboys Cycle Shop on the way home.
The trip to KC was to take a power supply for a video game to Moss Dist for repair. It was a little chilly on the way down but nice coming home. On the way home I decided to take the long way. Stopped by the Basswood Resort in Platte City. A Harley Sportster Rally will be held there the last weekend of June and the "Top Ten" group may go down in Sept. (Top Ten group are 5 couples from Marysville that get together as often as possible. They include Jim and Betty Scheller, Bill and Nancy Gallagher, Denny and Carol Schwertfeger, Rich and Jane Temps and Carla and I.) From the Basswood I turned left and went the opposite way of the normal way in. Ended up riding 2 lane blacktop to the edge of St. Joe. I rode back south to Atchison then came home on Kansas Highway 9.
Last night I got an email from a cousin (9 times removed) from Arizonia telling me he has ordered a new Harly Low Rider. The bike is in stock but will have mini Ape Hangers and a few other add-ons installed. Now let's see. If we met halfway to go for a ride wouldn't we be close to the Rocky's??? Think about it Terry..... Durango to Cheyenne???

No comments: