Tuesday, October 2, 2007

10-01-2007 I went to Cowboys to have a new front tire installed. Cowboy opens at 10 and shortly after 11 I was on my way to Palmer, Ames, St Joe and Miltonville to get pictures for the Been There files. Palmer, Ames and St. Joe were cool and the riding was great. Temps were starting to get in the upper 70's.Two miles south of St. Joe Kansas on a gravel road I could tell the rear tire, the new one, was getting low. After stopping and looking at the tire I decided it was twice as big as it should be for the amount of air that was in it. I turned around and rode back to St. Joe. I found a guy shingling his house and he had an air compressor for the nail gun. He filled up the tire and I headed for Clyde KS. No one in Clyde could fix the tire so I called Cowboy. Cowboy sent his sister down with a pickup and trailer and we got the bike back to the shop. Looks like the tube is bad from the manufacturer.
By this time it's 4 o'clock and time to go home and see what Carla is doing.

No comments: